23 August, 2010

Nearly two months gone...

Several of my dear friends have been looking for new employment for a while. They, unlike me, kept their jobs until they found something new. Not this chica.

None the less, I am spending 6-8 hours a day applying for jobs. I search seven different websites all day long, revise my cover letter 5-6 times a day, and I've gotten three interviews. All for different things. What's still annoying is the huge amount of SILENCE. I know many of these postings are receiving 100+ resumes a day, but come on, if you send out an email thanking me for applying, the least you can do is send a "Sorry, we're not interested" email.

On a separate note, I'm headed back to my hometown next week for my mom's birthday and to go to our state fair. I'm really hoping to have a job by then!!!!

All in all, I've loved being here. Seattle is amazing- the food, the city, the parks. I really want to stay! Come on, Universe! Work with mere here...

No comments: