21 April, 2007

Dolphins and Footy

More photos!
http://picasaweb.google.com/JessicaMFried/April2007SoccerAndDolphins

My family here took us out on a cruise to Nelson Bay. There are 150 dolphins that live there year-round. Our boat had a boom net that we could lay in while we cruised around the bay. It was pretty neat. We got really close to one of the pods. Jason (my host dad) took a few great photos while I was chillin (literally, it was really cold water) in the boom net.

I am off to a footy match tonight. Footy= Rugby. Not to be confused with football= soccer or football= Australian Football (aka aerial ping pong. seriously. that was the response I got when I asked what it was. apparently it's related to Irish football, which I also didn't know existed). I think I got all of those right. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm getting to know all the rules too. I am sure my Badger cheer skills will help no matter what ;)

Monday I have my training day at school and Tuesday I get to meet my kids! The school is just a quick walk from my house. (Sidenote, the one kind of shoe I didn't bring is any wellies or duck boots and turns out I have to walk through a big field each morning when it's all dewey. Oh well. I can't plan for everything).

I spent a little time today down in the city. There were speed boat races going on. There's a brewery right on the water and it looks like it'll be fun when it's not jam packed.

That's all for now. Cheers!


-Jess

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Footy = Australian Rules Football. Rugby = Rugby.

:)

Kat/Mom said...

Wow, pictures are amazing. I want to be there so badly! So, you've met kids by now. How did it go? What's it like? Brewery on the water sounds quite chillin', chica!
Lemmeno. Miss you.