18 April, 2007

Newcastle and settling

There has been some inquiry for more information on dual flush toilets. Read this and Google Dual Flush Toilet to learn more.

As a side note, those who are posting comments, please remember that my students from Wingra will be reading this ;)

I've settled in my home. Sandra, my host mom, has been wonderful. She's a nurse at the hospital in town and has spent the last two days helping me get all my last minute shopping done. There was a little mix up with one of the other families for home stays and today she found a second family for my friend Anthony to stay with. She is great. Lily, the three year old daughter, has been fun. It's a good thing that just about all three year olds are hard to understand, because then I don't feel silly asking her to repeat herself! Thomas is 9 and I've been describing a lot about "America" to him. He's very curious about my home and my family. Jason, my host dad has been away on business, so I'll have more to say about him when he gets back.

Here's a list of all the people I know who have twins in Newcastle:
-John Norton
-Megan Moos
-Colleen Glandt
-more to come as I get out more.

Sunday we're going to a soccer game. One of the best players for the Newcastle Knights has been injured and if he plays again he could be paralyzed. SO we got tickets to his memorial game. It should be a fun time and I'll take lots of pictures.

Speaking of photos, if I did this correctly, you can see the first bit of photos here: http://picasaweb.google.com/JessicaMFried/AustraliaPart1

I'm also trying to figure out my international texting. We'll see how that goes.

Am thinking about you all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great photos! Thanks for taking the time to do so soon!

wingraclaire said...

Hmmm.... do you think that your host
"brother" would like to have some American pen pals?