11 June, 2007

Mother Nature was angry...

Most of you know that there was a hurricane (cyclone) that hit my area over the weekend. I think techinically it was 1 km/hr below or something but the damage is everywhere. Flooding, trees, power outages, and I think 10 people have died. There was a whole section of the highway that washed out and took a family with it. But all of my people are okay and safe (though one whole part of the neighborhood has been without power since Friday morning).

Here's a link to a slideshow my principal made of the photos of what the school looks like post-storm. Needless to say, we didn't have kids at school today.

http://eduleader.org/media/playstorm.htm

Note the music- very appropriate. It will probably only work with high-speed internet. It's about a minute long.

I've got lots to say about my time in the mountains but not enough time now to write it.

-Jessica

No comments: