18 September, 2009

TGI-viernes

Let's just say that it's been a long week. Not sure why. Today, when I woke up, it just felt like Friday. But then again, I've been hoping it was Friday since Tuesday so that isn't saying much.

Had to call my first parent today. Daughter. Nice girl. Lots of energy. Mom tells me that she goes to school for the social aspect and she'll get to whatever I'm teaching after she deals with all her friends. "Not to say that it's right, it just is." And I wanted to get through to her that if her social butterfly daughter is already getting sent to take a break in other classrooms in the second week of school, no one is going to want to be her friend because she's going to get them in trouble with her talking. Not to mention the fact that she tries to play like she doesn't speak Spanish when Mom totally confirmed that she's playing me. Or thinks she is, since I'm on to her it doesn't count as getting by me. She's a bright girl who chooses to talk when she should be listening- and we can all tell that I don't have the patience to give instructions eight times. If they would just listen the first time we wouldn't have ANY problems. But no. They're six. Enough said.

So yeah, calling a mom who seemed totally fine with her child being distracting to other students, was my lunch. Yesssss. Not to mention that we were down a Para today so the kids were in lunch alone until I told someone and at the end of the day we had a totally un-supervised exit from the building until another teacher had to call someone. You'd think with as big of classes that we have we could afford enough help to keep us staffed, but no.

On a totally different note, how does everyone feel about buying a t-shirt with one of the monsters from Where the Wild Things Are and wearing it to casual Friday? Since I don't have a school t-shirt to wear I hoped a literary character on my shirt would count as an educational prop and be tax deductable. Anyone? Oh and I am so excited for "Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs" and "WWWTA"- two HUGE kids movies coming out this fall!!!!!

i <3 books. Did I mention I got my educator's memebership to The Red Balloon? Yup. I'm so cool, I can hardly stand it.

~J

No comments: