27 November, 2009

But how will we eat snack if you have no teeth?

Six year olds have no teeth. It's a rule or something. It was funny when it was one tooth. It all started when one got swallowed during snack time. I barely prevented mass hysterics by telling him that one time I swallowed a tooth and it's fine. No harm done. I promised to email his moms and let them know that they needed to write a letter explaining things to the tooth fairy.

Then his best friend did the same thing- and guess what was the terrible tooth losing tasty treat? Apples. Then a little boy from the other class came up to me and said "Look!", proudly holding up a plastic baggie. And lo and behold it was his tooth. Gross.

I don't know what it is about teeth. I like clean teeth. Attached to your mouth. "Lost teeth" (is that the right term?) make me shudder just a little bit.

So I guess I could have bigger problems than my parents giving my class healthy snacks like apples, but what use is a healthy snack if my kids don't have teeth to eat it?!?

~J

No comments: